Conductive / Antistatic Bulk Bag
Some bulk materials can create static electricity during filling and discharging which may cause an electrostatic discharge in the bag or on the surface. If there is flammable dust or gas in the atmosphere during the filling and discharging process, it may cause a serious fire or an explosion. To prevent such a danger, conductive (antistatic) FIBCs are the ideal packaging. Conductive bags are also called groundable bags. Dino Bags can provide you with 3 types of conductive bulk packaging products: Type B, C and D FIBCs. Every conductive bag produced at Dino Bags is 100 % checked and labeled for its conductivity.
Please ask our sales specialist which conductive / antistatic bulk bag is ideal for your needs.
Conductive Bulk Bags (Type-B Bulk Bag):
Type of FIBC that can hold (absorb) static electricity inside of the bag up to 6 KV. If static electricity discharges are higher then 6 kV, it overflows to the outside of the FIBC. Our Type B conductive FIBCs are made from special fabric.
PS. Type A bulk bags - no special static protection mechanism. Should not normally be used where a flammable atmosphere is present.
Conductive / Groundable Bulk Bags (Type-C Bulk Bag):
Type C bags are made entirely from conductive fabric or from a non-conductive fabric with interconnected conductive threads or filaments.
FIBC Type C must be provided with a grounding point (picture 4) to which all conductive panels, threads or filaments are electrically bonded. The resistance to the grounding point from anywhere on a conductive fabric and from conductive threads or filaments must be less than 108 .
The lift loops (picture 3) of FIBC Type C must also contain conductive threads or filaments with a resistance to the grounding point of less than 108 .
Static Dissipative / Conductive Bulk Bags (Type-D):
Type D bulk bags are constructed from fabrics with static dissipative threads and/or properties to control discharge incendivity. Do not require grounding during use.
The use of Type D bags are much more practical than the groundable bags and they avoid operator errors. The special construction of the Type D fabric eliminates the need of an earth connection during the filling and discharging of materials.
Crohmiq® is the first true Type D fabric to appear in the market place since the early 1990’s. The fabric was developed to cover a growing need for an ungrounded static protective solution for bulk packaging.
Due to its reputable safety record, as of today, over 500 leading companies worldwide prefer FIBCs manufactured from Crohmiq® fabric for their static bulk bag packaging requirements.
Today Crohmiq® is the only Type D fabric in the market which complies with the IEC standards.
Why type D?
• Unlike Type C FIBC's, Type D FIBC's do not require grounding.
• Can be used for the transportation of flammable powders, or when flammable solvents or gases are present around the FIBC.
• It provides safety equal to a grounded Type C FIBC without the human error risk factor.
• Type D fabric permits the dissipation of the charges in to the atmosphere by corona discharge.
• A corona discharge is one form of an electrostatic discharge with a low energy, unlike sparks or brush discharges, it does not give way to ignition of flammable or explosive atmospheres.
Why Crohmiq Blue fabric?
• Only CROHMIQ® 's patented technology provides a level of safety equal to a properly grounded Type C FIBC, but without the risks of human error. For these reasons, leading global companies continue to switch from Type C FIBC to the optimum safety of CROHMIQ® FIBC.
• CROHMIQ® 's properties are permanent, therefore, its static dissipative performance does not decay with time nor wash off during wet reconditioning processes as many pseudo Type D FIBC's do.
• CROHMIQ® fabric is FDA compliant.
• Internationally recognized as the leading Type D static protective FIBC fabric.
• It is the only Type D fabric that will comply with the IEC61340 - 4 - 4: 2005 standards.
If the surface of the Type D FIBC is contaminated or coated by any conductive material (such as water, oil etc) then spark discharges may occur.
• Precautions should be taken in order to prevent the surface contamination.
• No conductive object (such as metal items and tools) should be placed on the FIBC.
• All conductors in the presence of flammable or explosive atmospheres should be grounded.
|Safe use of different FIBC types
|Product inside FIBC
||Atmosphere surrounding FIBC
||Explosive gas or vapor
|Non-flammable MIE > 100mJ
||A B C D
||B C D
|MIE 3 mJ to 100mJ
||B C D
||B C D
|MIE < 3mJ
FIBC: Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers: this is technical and international name of bulk bags.